Home Forums General Discussion WSM 2011

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom Ryan
      Participant

WSM 2011

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

I have competed against Shaw on a couple occasions (actually beating him once early on in his career). He actaully competed one year in “Monsters of the Mall” in Salina, a meet that Scott Tully of the Dino Gym put on. That was quite a Heavyweight class with Shaw (WOrlds strongest man), Van Hatfield (America’s Strongest man) and Eric Hammer (World’s Strongest ALternate man)
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
          Participant

I met those 2 last year at the UFC fan expo with Ault Hagen (sp?). They were really nice guys

Al Myers
            Keymaster

That Monsters of the Mall comp was one of the most amazing promotions I have ever been part of. Scott did an awesome job with it – and looking back it even seems more impressive considering the guys in attendance. I’ll never forget the log press in that meet. I was loading and wondering “how much higher is this thing going?” Great times… Al PS I also bent the axle on my trailer hauling that heavy load to Salina that weekend, and had to buy a new trailer after that. haha

Travis Willingham
              Participant

At the Arnold last year I stood next to Z and Shaw and at 6′ and 300#, I felt like a dwarf. At one point I went to the restroom near the warm up area and there’s this little “room” at the back with urinals. Well, i noticed people walking towards there and then stepping away. I wondered why no one would go in there so I just walked in and Z was at a urinal and taking up a ton of space. I didn’t care who was in there, I was there to do my business and leave. But standing next to him I realized he is as thick from chest to back as I am from shoulder to shoulder. Massive men.

Tom Ryan
                Participant

That’s Odd Haugen, Chad. I met him in Atlanta several years ago. He is now 61 and was still quite strong when he was in his 50s and did well in competition against much younger guys.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.