USAWA Nationals Entry is up!!!

Home Forums General Discussion USAWA Nationals Entry is up!!!

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

USAWA Nationals Entry is up!!!

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Go to http://www.ironmind.com and check out the news!!!! Got the USAWA some good PR there!

Thom Van Vleck

Anonymous

Good job getting the word out Thom! The USAWA is such a bargain to compete in, i hope this recruits some more lifters nationwide.

Al Myers
            Keymaster

That’s sure a nice promo on the IronMind website!!! Thanks Thom for that one! Al

Scott Tully
              Participant

Heck yeah, Im looking forward to this thom!!

ST

Tedd Van Vleck
                Participant

I am spreading the word in Chicago and have heard the same comment, that this is a bargain compared to other meets.

After explaining the comp to a guy, he stated that this sounded like a blast….he was tired of how out of control some meets were getting with drugs and using equipment that this sounded refreshing.

So I feel we will have a good sized group coming down from Chicago!

Thom Van Vleck
                  Participant

Of course, all these guys have already committed to the JWC as their club affiliation…..hahahaha

Thom Van Vleck

Tedd Van Vleck
                    Participant

Al,

I am sorry but this is true, they are part of the JWC Jr. Club I have here in Chicago that they are a part of!

I have signed Club entry forms!

Al Myers
                      Keymaster

Tedd – this is just like Thom – say one thing and then does the other! It wasn’t too long ago that he accused the Dino Gym of bringing in a ringer (John Conner) as a club member and now he has JWC members in DIFFERENT STATES!! And he said this despite the fact that Big John trains at the Dino Gym at least once per week!!!! HYPOCRISY – that’s the word I’m looking for!!! Al

Thom Van Vleck
                        Participant

What? Everybody knows the JWC is world wide. We have a Chapter in Chicago, St. Louis, and in Grand Junction, CO and will soon have a Chapter in Orlando, Florida. I have to admit, your getting John to train at your gym weekly for the past couple of years was a very well thought out and planned ploy to defeat the JWC. I’m really honored you’d go to all that trouble to bring in a RINGER just to beat me.

Thom Van Vleck

Tedd Van Vleck
                          Participant

Al,

As a fellow Green Egg lover, I am torn between family and friend here but I have to admit, The Conner move was impressive. Technically, Grand Junction is the current World Headquarters of the JWC, so Thom actually runs a Chapter as well as I do. Thom did forget to mention our Omaha Chapter that Sean Betz is President of.

Al Myers
                            Keymaster

Well, when the money starts rolling into the USAWA in the form of memberships from this worldwide collection of JWC members, then I’ll give you guys the recognition you think you deserve!!! At least the Dino Gym has never been accused of trying to steal IronMinds logo!!!! OUCH – that had to sting!!! Al

Thom Van Vleck
                              Participant

….that was a misunderstanding and Randy has dropped his lawsuit against me for 1.5million$ after he found out I’m worth nothing……besides, I like my version better…..

….and we won’t go into the new DINO Gym logo that Tully has on the Dino Gym gear…a triceratops…..isn’t that the animal that the T-Rex would eat? But I guess Tully is a vegan, isn’t he?

This will be a great rivalry for the team title. Do I need to work up a new legal contract?!?!?

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                                Keymaster

Team Title??? At Nationals?? I haven’t heard of THAT yet – were you waiting to see if you could get any JWC members to compete first before you issued this challenge to the Dino Gym?? Of course – we will take you up on it. We like beating teams on their home turf. As for the Dino Strength logo – Scott wanted something a little milder as to not scare off business. Speaking of that – I see Big T must have a little Dino in him because he is now going as T-Rex!!!! THE ORIGINAL DINOMAN

Thom Van Vleck
                                  Participant

Well, you and Chad didn’t show up for the Kirksville games were I had Sean Betz, Dan McKim, and Chad Gustin lined up on my team and then you, Chad, and tully no showed…probably heard the set up and figured you better be convienently “out of the country”. And as info, those guys have been throwing with me for YEARS! Sean even bent my best bar during our last session doing a clean grip power snatch. I had been trying to bend that thing for years!

Thom Van Vleck

Scott Tully
                                    Participant

blah blah blah, Thom we did the team thing, you lost, get over it, and we did it with 3 guys who live within 2 hours of each other who train 1-2x per week together, how many times do you train with betz, and McKim, Im guessing its less than a handful of times a year. I tell you what have those 2 join you in the straight weight challenge next year, and then we wont have to sandbag it as much as this year. For the record I am going to Kimura you when I see you, but not on your mail throwing hand out of respect for my elder.

ST

Al Myers
                                      Keymaster

O YEAH! THAT’S THE WAY TO TELL HIM!

But truthfully Thom, it probably would be best if you backed down a little, and maybe even issue an apology to the Dino Gym. When The Professor gets upset – discipline follows and I would hate to see him put a hurt on you. Once we had a new guy in the gym one night that was getting cocky and making insulting remarks to several of us. The Professor finally had enough and decided this new guy needed a “time-out” so he put him in a choke-hold until he lost consciousness. We didn’t know what to do then – so we carried him out to his car and laid him in the backseat. He must have eventually “came to” because when we finished our workout he was gone and we haven’t seen him since. I just telling you this story for your own safety. Al

Tedd Van Vleck
                                        Participant

WOW!

Dale Carnegie teaches to abide by the three C’s…..Don’t Criticize, Condemn or Complain……I’m just saying….brothers gotta hug!!!

Thom Van Vleck
                                          Participant

GEEZ….you guys are so touchy! And that goes way back! Can’t a guy have a little fun without somebody getting their singlet in a bunch! Tully, I’m gonna have to look that move up before I get scared. Besides, I figure if I make you guys mad enough you’ll all show up! And you guys don’t have to put a choke hold on a guy to put him to sleep…just talk to him awhile, that will do the trick.

Tully, you do know I’m having some fun…cause I know you guys creamed us in the straight weight….a contest where we had every advantage! Take it easy……and show up in June and beat us again! I expect the Dino Gym to be here in force!!!!

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                                            Keymaster

Oh Thommy, that was so sweet and touchy. hahaha

Tedd Van Vleck
                                              Participant

The Chicago Chapter of the JWC plans on being there in force, I have Tom Sroka and myself confirmed at this time but a few other of our members I am sure will attend. Nationals should be a blast and I hope all the clubs can have their own “side” competitions.

I am mostly looking forward to….Pancake City, Westerns at the awards banquet, and the stories told at Thommy’s….especially if Chad and Al are there together!!!

I’m excited about what 2011 will bring, I have a lot of goals set for this coming year and looking forward to spending it with my friends and fellow Green Egg lovers!

Scott Tully
                                                Participant

I have set down, did my 12 step anger management course, punched about 40 holes in the wall and now Im Ok, Ill be there in June. Now I have to go and try to work on a logo for the supplement store Im opening, Im thinking about jsut stealing a bunch of otehr logos and changing them slightly, any tips on this? anyone? lol.

ST

Thom Van Vleck
                                                  Participant

Tully, you are funny…..it works better if you have an 8X10 you can hang on the wall you are punching (where should I send it) haha

….and what you do is, you just slightly change one tiny thing and you get around the whole “copyright” thing….it’s a cinch!

….and TRUTHFULLY, I like your logo.

Thom Van Vleck

Tedd Van Vleck
                                                    Participant

So, Thom changes the guy into wearing a kilt…..Tully changes Dinosaurs…..I am not seeing that there is a difference in what you two did! hahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaha…….hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Thom Van Vleck
                                                      Participant

…well…for starters….My logo was from an INTERNATIONALLY recognized business….but only a small issue…..I like taking on “the man” and his “establishment”.

Second, I changed the stone he was lifting to an anvil. Steve Jeck is the guy it’s based on and I sent him one….he thought it was pretty funny. I got Jeck hooked up with Al Fueurbach and for that he’s now my pal.

Thom Van Vleck

Participant

I got Jeck hooked up with Al Fueurbach and for that he’s now my pal.

whatever………

Thom Van Vleck
                                                          Participant

Dave…you KNOW I have to end it with a “name drop”….that’s my M.O.!!!!!

I am working hard on a venue. It seems that most place anymore won’t let you do this kind of stuff without your own event insurance which is crazy $$$. I will find a place, it’s just getting one that will be a good one!

Thom Van Vleck

Tom Sroka
                                                            Participant

[b]Quote from tdvanvleck@yahoo.com on December 5, 2010, 12:48[/b]
                                                              The Chicago Chapter of the JWC plans on being there in force, I have Tom Sroka and myself confirmed at this time but a few other of our members I am sure will attend. Nationals should be a blast and I hope all the clubs can have their own “side” competitions.

I am mostly looking forward to….Pancake City, Westerns at the awards banquet, and the stories told at Thommy’s….especially if Chad and Al are there together!!!

I’m excited about what 2011 will bring, I have a lot of goals set for this coming year and looking forward to spending it with my friends and fellow Green Egg lovers!

Along with myself and Tedd, Jeff Armstrong and Chris Hartman will also be making the trip on down from Chicago representing the JWC. We are sending in the forms shortly. We all train together up here, does that count?

Al Myers
                                                              Keymaster

Tom – it will be great to have you guys! I know you will have LOTS of fun and you can always count on Thom to put on a first rate event. I haven’t seen Jeff in quite some time – tell him hi from me. How much is Thom paying you guys to be JWC members?? Al

Tedd Van Vleck
                                                                Participant

Al,

I can’t speak for the JWC Home Office but the Chicago Chapter doesn’t have to pay its members….our motto is….”One team, One dream!”

You are always trying to start trouble…..an example would be your dating advice! After discussion with several friends and my brother….I do not believe I will follow it this weekend!

Thom Van Vleck
                                                                  Participant

I’m just waiting for Tully to get back on here freaking out again…he’s hilarious when he’s all fired up.

Honestly, the guy I’m most worried about is Darren….he’s angry….and he’s quiet…..

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                                                                    Keymaster

Tedd – Good luck on your date this weekend. You should know better than to ask dating advice from someone who has been out of the game for 30 years. I thought I gave you sound advice – doesn’t EVERYONE love latex??? Al

Thom Van Vleck
                                                                      Participant

Latex?!?! I don’t think I want to know…….

Thom Van Vleck

Scott Tully
                                                                        Participant

Thom,

Im done freaking out, I rounded up 6 midgets and locked in my basement to beat up on every hour on the hour, so all is good on my front for now.

ST

• #25026
                                                                          Al Myers
                                                                          Keymaster

Scott – You left your bottle of tranquilizer pills in the gym. Al

Viewing 34 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.