Travis Lift

Home Forums General Discussion Travis Lift

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanjiv Gupta
      Participant

Does anybody have experience they can share with the Travis lift? Not too many records and it does not seem to be contested often. The rules allow for a “specially adapted belt attached directly to the bar or connected by a chain” but I am having a hard time picturing it. The picture in the rulebook seems to have a length of leather wrapped around a standard weight belt with connected chains that wrap around the bar.

Chad Ullom
        Participant

We did it once at Al’s many years ago. As I recall there was a belt with hooks that attached to the bar that al made. . It’s a partial lift, just off the pins. Kind of a modified hip lift almost?

Sanjiv Gupta
          Participant

Thanks. Hooks actually make sense. Not sure how adjustable it would be or how adjustable it needs to be.

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

Be careful with this lift. It seemed like experienced chain lifters were gold with it, but there was a newby who pulled the weight off the platforms and almost smashed himself.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Sanjiv Gupta
              Participant

Thanks for the warning. I don’t expect to ever be an experienced chain lifter, but I would like to learn some of these movements. Being physically attached to an elevated barbell or heavy lift bar certainly sounds like it could end badly.

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

No sweat. Just felt like I sw a man almost die that day, if it were not for some quick moving spotters.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

ClintPoore
                  Participant

Is the Travis lift an incremental Rack Pull with a Chain attached to aid in the lift?
                    It also looks as though it can be supported on the thighs as well.

I have a training partner, Ashley, who loves this kind of lift. Me not so much

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by ClintPoore.
                Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.