The Inman Mile

Home Forums General Discussion The Inman Mile

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

The Inman Mile

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Hey Matt, Welcome. My replies to your quastions are below.

1) Are a weight belt and/or ankle braces allowed to be worn? One of the guys has an old ankle injury from MMA that he wants to protect.

Weight belt yes, ankle brace no.
          2) Are a bar pad or towel allowed to be wrapped around the bar to rest on the shoulders, provided it doesn’t assist in maintaining the position of the bar as an “aid”?
          No-the misery of the bar digging in is part of the lift
          3) What are the submission requirements for a record if one of us completes the walk? Is video evidence sufficient? A few of us are deployed in Afghanistan and thus have no judge available.
          As far as for it to count in the USAWA as an official lift an official would have to be present (On of your guys could take th open book test?) Otherwise, it would not count as official, but I would certainly be impressed with some video footage.

These answers are just the way I understand things. Someone might come on here and correct me.
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
          Participant

I think you’re right on Eric. Al is out of town at the moment, but I’m sure he’ll respond when he returns as well

Al Myers
            Keymaster

I would LOVE to see someone complete the Inman Mile!!

ET was spot-on with the rules – only a belt allowed, no bar pad allowed.

I would recommend having the entire Walk videotaped. Our rules state that a certified USAWA official must be present to judge any USAWA lift, but with something like this, a possible exception might be made by the Executive Board if adequate video coverage was provided. Al

Tedd Van Vleck
              Participant

Matt,

I would also love to see it completed. I am not sure how close someone has came but even if none of you complete the mile, it would be great to possible start creating a little competition as to who has came the closest and this would possibly push someone to finally get into the record books!

Good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.