Snow Day!

Home Forums General Discussion Snow Day!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

Snow Day!

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
        Keymaster

My kids are out of school for the third day in a row. At least today it looks like the roads will get cleared off – but bad weather is not good for my business. Yesterday afternoon most all appointments canceled – so as Thom said – nothing else to do but hit the gym!! I spent a total of 4 hours training yesterday and today I’m feeling it! Al

Tedd Van Vleck
          Participant

I have been told about a snow like this that happened in either 78 or 79 by my REALLY old brother, but I have never experienced 20 inches of snow like what we got up here Tuesday/Wednesday.

It made work extremely difficult but it sure has been impressive seeing the drifts and how efficient the city got the streets under control! I plan on going sledding this weekend!

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

Back BEFORE Tedd was born, we got 36″ on snow on April 1st and it was NOT an April Fool’s joke. Me and my Dad got stranded, were saved by a guy on a tractor….got stuck for almost 48 hours….it was an epic event. the difference was that 3 days later it had all but melted. We got 17″ here in Kville on top of 6″ already on the ground! The drifts are amazing!

Also, Al, I figured you’d have some “connections” with the new county commish to get those roads cleared off to your house!

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
              Keymaster

HAHA – good one Thom!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.