Saxon snatch

Home Forums General Discussion Saxon snatch

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy Smith
      Participant

I’ve got an urge to modify one of my bars for the Saxon Snatch. I’ve got ideas regarding how to do it, but if anybody has suggestions so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel I’d appreciate it.

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

I just had the local metal fabrication shop weld me up a couple ends to bolt to a couple 2x4s. Will see if I can find any pictures.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Randy Smith
          Participant

Thanks. I’d been thinking routing a groove in two 2×4’s, then bolting or clamping them to a bar. A pipe flange and a piece of pipe (1-1/2″ inside diameter/1.9″ O.D.) threaded at one end might avoid the need to weld.

dwagman
            Participant

Randy, I went to the lumber yard and got a 6′ 3×3. I then got floor flanges and 1″ pipe for my 1″ holed plates. I took measurements and cut the 3×3 down a bit so that with the floor flanges screwed in to the end of the lumber and pipe screwed in to the flanges it’s the same length as a regular barbell. I know the rules don’t call for that length, but I just wanted it that way. It works great.

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
              are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
              compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.