Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Rolling Thunder

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

I have a fake one….it was a gift.

Is Matt hook gripping that! haha He has some really long fingers and his clean and jerk of the inch DB was one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Ben Edwards
          Participant

I had one but kick myself for selling it a few years ago. Went from a first lift of about 120lbs in 2002-ish to @ 230lbs before selling it. Average lift near the end of my time with it, which I think was late 2008 or early 2009.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I have one-am very weak at it.

Does that say the pic was from last week? Glad to see Matt is still training-I thought he had died.
              ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
              Keymaster

Matt and Bob still train every week – just not competition focused.

IronMind has made a new model of Rolling Thunder and couple of years ago. It is slightly different from the “original” and is supposed maintain handle rotation better, and not “stick”. I have an original and wonder if anyone has the later model, and what they think of it? Al PS I’m don’t know for sure but I bet Matt hook gripped it!

Ben Edwards
                Participant

Meant to say that I’m glad to see Matt’s training again or still training. He’s underrated and I always wanted to see him enter a big grip comp and crush some heads. I tried a friend’s Rolling Thunder last night (not a new one) and only got 190lbs on it. So results vary all over the place for me. He just bought it and doesn’t like it so he resold it and I asked to give it a try before he sent it off. Kept getting air with 200lbs but couldn’t finish it off.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Participant

got one….but, i’m a non-contender on this board. i feel soooo inadequate!!

Scott Tully
                    Participant

I did 192 on als, and 200 on one at a nas comp once. Nothing impresive compared to the big grip guys.

ST

KCSTRONGMAN
                      Keymaster

I have done in the 190s w/my right, and am at about 12# in my left.
                        E-Rizzle 5 tizzle

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
                        Keymaster

I have been chasing 200# every since I got a Rolling Thunder. The problem is that I do the same on it now as the day I got it!! Dinoman

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.