Home Forums General Discussion Quiz of the Week

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Quiz of the Week

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Ok – time for me to start giving hints. This quiz is harder than I thought it would be! I’m going to give up the three names that about everyone has got – Bill, Joe, and Art.

This leaves only two left. One to me is very obvious and the other is the “wild card” that no one has named yet. All I’m going to say is that he hasn’t competed every year but always maintains a USAWA membership. Several longterm members joined over the next couple of years (but NOT in 1988). Please keep trying!!! Al

Joe Garcia
          Participant

Some others who were there in 88 (not discussing continued membership):

Howard Prechtel, Noi Phumchaona, John Wilmot, Bob Burtzloff, John McKean, Tom Ryan, Steve Schmidt, Cindy Garcia

Also, our first president was Jon Carr, out of St. Joseph Mo.

Al Myers
            Keymaster

Plus John Vernacchio, Bill DiCioccio Sr., and Jack Lano. Where there others??

Tom Ryan
              Participant

Al,

There was actually a rather large number of people who were members in 1988, some of whom were never members after that year, as far as I know. The list of 1988 only members includes some names you would recognize, such as Clay Oliver, and some that hardly anyone would recognize, such as John Haynes and Dr. Alan Kirshner. Tommy Suggs was a member only in 1989. A very large number of people have been USAWA members for at least one year.

Tom

Joe Garcia
                Participant

Got a list from Bill of some additional 88 members:
                  Bryan Briggs, Gonzalo Gonzales, Dave Hahn, Joe McCoy, Tom Morton, Ron Sisk, Harrison Skeet

Tom Ryan
                  Participant

[b]Quote from joegarcia on February 19, 2011, 08:52[/b]
                    Got a list from Bill of some additional 88 members:
                    Bryan Briggs, Gonzalo Gonzales, Dave Hahn, Joe McCoy, Tom Morton, Ron Sisk, Harrison Skeet

Joe,

There were actually many more members in 1988, some or whom continued past that year and some who did not. Nobody has mentioned the Zerchers yet but all three of them were members in 1988, as were Carl Klem and Paul Knauer (whom I competed against), plus many, many more.

Occasionally I think about Paul Knauer, whom everybody agreed was a nice guy during those years. Paul is now 63 if he is still with us and I haven’t found any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Tom

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.