Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Quality/Quantity

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Don’t get me wrong. Better to hanging around the gym all day than in a bar or worse. I just remember doing reps because my workout routine said to do them. Now I think about the quality of each rep. ….oh…and kids does that to a guy…NO TIME TO MESS AROUND!!!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Ben Edwards
          Participant

Thom, I enjoyed your article too! I remember having the teenager recovery and benching 7 days a week for at least an entire summer back when I was 16. Was it productive? I think so. I was 135lbs at 5’10” and benched 225lbs at the end of summer. Nothing earth-shattering, but a pretty decent lift for a kid at that bodyweight. Bench was not paused, just a touch and go single. I was also working full time on a watermelon farm. So I should’ve been doing LESS workouts, not more. But I miss having the recovery to do workouts like that – and more importantly, having the TIME to do workouts like that.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Chad Ullom
            Participant

great article and I couldn’t agree more! I spend a lot more time in the gym now that it’s at home. Maybe not all productive, but I’m enjoying myself. I used to leave my house by 4:30am to get to the gym and had 45min to 1 hour to get it in. Not a lot of rest between sets. After speaking to Larry T when I was getting close to 40, I cut back on the number of sets I do. And I listen to my body more, if I’m not feeling, I don’t force it.

61pwcc
              Participant

Yeah, what’s this warm up foolishness that I have to do now. I can’t just jump in and get after it like I’m 23? 33?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.