POSTAL RESULTS PRESENTATIONS

Home Forums General Discussion POSTAL RESULTS PRESENTATIONS

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      dwagman
      Participant

I was thinking how nice it would be if the Postal results could be spruced up a bit. Why not allow lifters to e-mail a picture with their results for possible inclusion in the blog when the results post? Also, a lot of lifters break records in Postals; couldn’t they be highlighted like in other meets?

Like this Abe Smith guy. What basement or garage gym did that beast escape from? I’d love to see an image of him (and others) bending a barbell during a Postal meet.

I think that these little things could enhance the presentation a lot, which is only a good thing and wouldn’t take much to accomplish. I’d be willing to volunteer as “photo editor” to get them ready for the web.

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
        are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
        compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Chad Ullom
        Participant

This is a great idea Dan! I know Al is swamped right now.
          Abe is a great lifter from Clark’s gym. He’s been in all around for many years, just took some time off. Best to see him bacj!

Denny Habecker
          Participant

I could make a note of the records, but I am not computer savvy enough to put pictures on the website. It would help if people would let me know if they know their lift is a record.

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I wonder if we could alter the postal submission forms with a check box or something to remind lifters to denote which of their lifts would count as national or world records? i would think that would be easy enough.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Abe Smith
              Participant

I am still amazed that the same folks that did this some 20 years ago are still going strong and want to say a big thank you to those who have kept it going. If I could be half the lifter of those that posted I will consider myself lucky in the game of lifting.

dwagman
                Participant

Hey Abe, you’re more than half the lifter…maybe 51%…can’t give you more than that if you’re from Clark’s Gym. Just kidding. I hope we’ll be able to toss some weight around together in a meet at some point in the future.

If there’s general agreement that adding pictures and denoting what lift constitutes a USAWA record, I’d be willing to help out and put the results, records, prep images, and put it on the Blog; I’ve got the requisite Net savvy and it wouldn’t take me much to learn the particulars of this software. The “higher ups” just need to ask.

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
                  are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
                  compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

As for pictures for the website – PLEASE just send them to me and they will be included in the website with the meet writeups. It’s as simple as that. I’ve always asked for pictures but very rarely get them.

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

You know, I had never really thought about doing that for postals. Will have to start.

KCSTRONGMAN
                      Keymaster

ok, so Denny denoted successful record attempts in his writeup. I added a photo from the KCSTRONGMAN results. If other clubs want pictoral representation, please email them to me at SalGuimino@yahoo.com so that I can include them.
                        ET

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.