Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Polar Bear Plunge

Chad Ullom
        Participant

I knew I recognized the pic!
          But, I’ve always wanted to do a polar bear plunge! Bree said she’d do it to, but we can’t do it that weekend. I’m gonna try and find one here in Topeka!

Travis Willingham
          Participant

Thom – what kind of sauna do you have? I want a sauna for my house and always see those new infrared saunas and am leery of those as I’ve only used the old fashioned ones. Any opinions? I also think saunas are great for the health and especially when I’m feeling ill, I’ll go sit in the sauna at the gym.

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

First of all, AL!!!! You posted the pictures. I referenced the story from last year and you reviewed it and posted it!!!! If you aren’t careful, I’m gonna start writing twice as much to punish you! haha I’m just soliciting for donations…..and my head isn’t frozen, it’s just locked up with knowledge.

Second, Travis, I use a sauna at our Rec center at the Medical school I attend. It is a very nice, high quality one that has a regular heater in it with stones that you can pour water on. They also have a great sauna there as well. I have asked the guy that runs it to get a cold water tank and he said, “You’d be the only one to use it!!” haha

When I’m at home, I sit on a milk crate with a small towel for cushion in the shower. I take a beach towel and put it over me, including my head and then turn the water on as hot as I can stand. I then continue to turn it up hotter and hotter. You can get it very hot that way! The towel allows that! I will often do this right before bed as it relaxes me greatly. It’s the poor boy version!!! Thom

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Travis Willingham
              Participant

I’m all for the poor version. I like your towel idea. I’ve tried it without the towel and can only stand so much. I’m giving that a try, thanks.

Chad Ullom
                Participant

Travis,
                  My grandfather had one of those infrared saunas before he died. He had previously had a stroke and swore by it. I used it a few times and it worked really well I thought

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.