Plans for in-person 2021 meets?

Home Forums General Discussion Plans for in-person 2021 meets?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Freides
      Participant

Howdy, folks. I haven’t been on here in a while, but I still train a number of USAWA/IAWA lifts and I have broken some of the records of mine that are still standing while just training, so I’m looking forward to a meet where I can rewrite those records and go after some more.

I’ve printed out the test to start becoming an official and will hopefully turn that in sometime very soon.

FWIW, I attended several powerlifting meets in 2020, all with masks worn, limited numbers of participants and spectators, and though the powerlifting community handled things well – I did USAPL and USPA. I will be doing a USPA meet in a few weeks, but am hoping to turn my attention to the USAWA after that.

Looking forward to hearing what’s planned here for 2021 and will try to help in whatever way I can.

-S-

Abe Smith
        Participant

Hey Steve, really like your Strong First forum posts. Right now my understanding is that only Record Days will be held and you need to schedule those 6 weeks in advance. Bill Clark is going to try to push through the Deadlift Dozen…but I told him that is likely not going to happen so just plan on the Record Day. Regards Abe.

Steve Freides
          Participant

Thank you for the kind words, @Abe Smith – always appreciated.

I’d love to attend a Record Day. My particular interest is in the Jefferson DL with a Fulton Bar – straddle DL on a 2″ bar for the rest of the world. 🙂 Why I asked was that I saw nothing but Postal on the schedule.

TL;DR
            My record, 280 lbs., seems to be good for all 70 kg lifters in the US, and it’s listed in the IAWA for my age/weight at the time, which was 55-59. I recently did 305 lb in training and I’m 66 now, and still under 70 kg, usually 67.5 kg class for PL.

Thanks again.

-S-

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.