Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

OTSM Championships

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Scott Tully
        Participant

so this is a sunday the week after worlds? wow, wish this would be a saturday comp, as I cant really be gone on mondays anymore with the gym. I will see if I can work it out though.

ST

KCSTRONGMAN
          Keymaster

I will try to be there. BAck to back weekends are hard anymore, but I will try. I wont sign a waiver, though, in case I get hurt I want to be able to sue you.
            ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Anonymous

What are the rules of the Bob Peoples deadlift?

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

Well, I’ll be honest, I don’t like following World’s like that, but my deal is an annual event and World’s is not and my meet has to be that weekend due to other factors related to things going on in the highland games world and local events that would eat up motel rooms, etc, etc.

If you can make it, we’d love to have you. If not, I totally understand.

Thom Van Vleck

Denny Habecker
                Participant

I would love to make on of those meets sometime but I think Art’s Birthday Bash will also be that weekend.

Thom Van Vleck
                  Participant

I would like everyone to know that Al was against me using this weekend because of World’s being the weekend before and he was concerned about Art’s Birthday Bash. For me it’s an issue of that weekend being the weekend of my Highland Games and me wanting to take advantage of 50 or so athletes already being in town and getting a few to come to my meet. Highland Games are tough to schedule because there are so many and the athletes tend to go to most of them and if I had it any other weekend earlier than that I would not get a good turn out due to competing with those games. Plus, locally, our town is DOMINATED by Truman State University and the weekends after that are homecoming, parents day, Red Barn, etc. and you are lucky to get a motel room with 50 miles..seriously. And then you get in November and it’s not a good time to have an outdoor event (tried that, it snowed).

So no disrespect to what Al and Chad are doing with World’s, no disrespect intended towards Art, just me trying to make things work on my end. Hope those who can will come by. Next year, that date will hopefully not fall on Art’s Birthday!

Thom Van Vleck

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

Yep-You gotta go with what works in your area. Hopefully all the meets will be well atetnded,

What is the People’s deadlift?
                      ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Scott Tully
                      Participant

Well Ive decided I will compete, I think the gym can do without me for a day and will give me a chance to get over to Browning and visit my granparents farm, and put flowers on there plots! So I will be bringin my very mediocre B game!
                        ST

Tedd Van Vleck
                        Participant

I work Sunday but will be there Saturday for sure to throw. I will work on Sunday.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.