new IAWA president?

Home Forums General Discussion new IAWA president?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott Tully
      Participant

new IAWA president?

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

That is what I heard. I went to congratulate him, but thought better, and offered him a “good luck”
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
          Participant

It has been glossed over, Steve put it in an article but in Al fashion, he hasn’t made a big deal about it. Steve has done an outstanding job for 12 years, I don’t think anyone would be better suited to take the baton than Al. I know Al is someone, like Steve, that will attend Worlds and the Gold Cup each year. Congratulations Al! I know you’ll do a great job for the IAWA!

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

When I had my OTSM meet the other day, I made up certificates and put me and Al on them for signatures and under Al’s name I put, IAWA President….he started to sign it and gave me a sly grin…..I asked him if he minded me putting that and he said, “Well…no…I am”. I thought it was kinda funny as I think that’s when reality sunk in.

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Anonymous

The Strongest Men of our great sport, carried two roles not only a lifter but also were our Presidents as well! Handling two jobs at once!!! Congratulations Al and congratulations to Steve Gardner as our past president!

Tedd Van Vleck
                Participant

Congratulations Big Al!

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Thanks guys for the support!

When Steve asked me last year if I would be willing to take this position, I initially had some reservations. Steve has been such an outstanding President of the IAWA over the past 12 years that I knew it would be “big shoes to fill”. However, after thinking about it for a while, I knew I could perform the duties of President.

The biggest responsibility of the IAWA President is to attend all of the IAWA activites – which include the Worlds and Gold Cup every year – to oversee the proper administration of IAWA policy. Attending these functions is something I’ve been doing now, and plan to in the future, so that is not a problem.

I promise to do my best to continue what Steve has been doing. IAWA is a democratic organization that listens to the voice of the membership. I wholeheartly support that! We have a great World-wide organization. Al

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.