National Championships

Home Forums General Discussion National Championships

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Todd
      Participant

Thanks again to Al Myers and the Dino Gym for a great meet! My son Leroy was very excited (and nervous) to lift at a venue other than Uncle Eric’s house, and we had a great time. It was good to see everyone again!

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Chris, I was very impressed with how you worked with your son during the day. I liked how you had him turn his lifts in to me, after consulting with you. I could tell Leroy was a little nervous, but he didn’t let it affect his lifting. GREAT JOB

KCSTRONGMAN
          Keymaster

This as a GREAT meet. It was awesome to see everyone. There were some really good lifters in this meet, and it was a blast to share the platform with everybody. Al, thank you so much for putting this on. It was truly a quality event.
            ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Abe Smith
            Participant

I really enjoyed myself at the meet. Very special thanks to Al and Chad of course as well as to Thom and other who helped out. It was a great venue and a humbling experience.

I really enjoyed seeing Pheobe and Leroy lift. I have tried to get my kids to lift and has gone sideways several times.

Al has a great gym. Shame it has taken me so long to visit this strength Mecca.

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

I enjoyed the weekend greatly. It was awesome seeing some guys that I had not seen in ….maybe 20 years!

Thom Van Vleck
                Jackson Weightlifting Club
                Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

Only regret that I have is that I did not get to catch up with everybody as much as I might have liked.

RJ
                  Participant

Thanks to Abe for posting photos on FB.

ET you must be the best dad. Phoebe is becoming the a “little lady” lifter… almost not a kiddo anymore.

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

Thank you, Ruth. I don’t know about “best” dad, but I am certainly a proud one!

RJ
                        Participant

AWE! 🙂

Thom Van Vleck
                        Participant

It was fun to judge at the Nationals. I entered my first all around event in 1979. This was called the “Odd lifts” and predated the USAWA. IF you’d told me then that 42 years later I’d still somehow be involved I’d think you were crazy! Great to see old friends and make new ones. Great to see Abe and Mike. It had been a long time! It will be interesting to see how it changes under new leadership. Al had some big shoes to fill! But I believe Eric can do it. Looking forward to the future!

Thom Van Vleck
                          Jackson Weightlifting Club
                          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.