Murdo meet

Home Forums General Discussion Murdo meet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Who’s going to be there this weekend? Looking forward to seeing everyone.
        ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Denny Habecker
        Participant

Art Montini and I will be there.

Al Myers
          Keymaster

It’s looking to be a very good turnout for the Dino Challenge this year! I have been notified by Mary and her group that they will be here as well. I’m betting Dave and Chad will be here also. I may even lift in this one if I can talk my dad into officiating it!

Lance Foster
            Participant

I will be there.

The Gloved One

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

GReat meet Al. Was great to see everyone
                ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Tom Ryan
                Participant

I just looked over the results and the one lift that jumped out at me was Dave Glasgow’s rectangular fix of 105 pounds. That ties for the 5th highest RF in the USAWA record book and is now the highest RF for lifters 60 and above (replacing me!).

To add further perspective, Dave’s record lift might be the all-time highest USAWA lift on a formula basis, as it must be at least very competitive with Barnhart’s highest poundage of 132, as Barnhart made that lift in the 125+ weight class and 40 age group, whereas Glasgow lifted in the 120 weight class and is 62. So Glasgow is both lighter and much older.

So, if you have some spare time, Al, it would be interesting to see how the top poundage lifts compare on a formula basis. Or I could do the calculations and post the results here if I could grab the age and bodyweight coefficients. I assume that I would probably crack the top 10 with my lift of 95 pounds performed at the age of 60 since that is about the 10th highest poundage.

Tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.