Home Forums General Discussion Milo

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Chad Ullom
      Participant

Milo

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Thanks, Chad. He’s a really interesting guy. Pretty amazing thrower and interesting person.

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

KCSTRONGMAN
          Keymaster

Maybe I should look at resubscribing. I am sorry I miss the articles fro Thom and Al and so such. It just really put me off when they doubled the price. If it would have crept up on me, I probably would stil be a subscriber
            ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Participant

FOR MY MONEY, THOM IS THE BEST WRITER THEY HAVE IN MILO. IT JUST SEEMS HARD TO SIFT THRU THE BS TO GET TO THE ARTICLES WITH SOME SUBSTANCE.

MILO AIN’T WHAT IT USED TO BE, ET.

Chad Ullom
              Participant

Do you still get it Dave? Interesting and I think unbiased article about IHGF and Webster. I believe it vindicates Francis while hoping for reconciliation

Participant

AGREE, CHADER, HOWEVER, I THINK THERE IS A LONG WAY TO GO.

WHAT I AM REFERRING TO IS THE OTHER ARTICLES. JUST SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF, AHHH, CRAP??

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

Is the heavy metal iron master, Steve Justa still writing? I I listened to him, my wos would consist of stomping around a pasture and running into telephone poles

Chad Ullom
                    Participant

LOL, I haven’t seen anything from him a long long time. That guy is….something

KCSTRONGMAN
                      Keymaster

I guess I saw him once. In 2002 at the HEartland Challeneg SM meet in Council Bluffs. People were wondering who the stinky derelict wearing all leather on a 110 degree day was. Turned out it was Steve Justa. Probably thinking about how much stronger he was than all of us.

Chad Ullom
                        Participant

LOL, I bet you’re exactly right! He did compete in the USAWA once….I don’t think he faired too well

Travis Willingham
                          Participant

I saw a really messed up Justa video once of him writhing around the hood of a car holding a rose. Looked like he just woke up in his car as it was morning out in front of what looked like a strip club. He’s entertaining I guess you’d say.

Al Myers
                            Keymaster

haha

I know it seems like MILO is an expensive subscription, and at $80 for four quarterly issues it could seem that way at first glance. But it contains a wealth of good information by several extremely talented writers that is factual and reviewed. MILO is more than just a mag, as I consider it a Journal. That only comes out to $20 per issue, and each issue is practically a BOOK (up to 100 pages) that you will keep and reference for years to come. It has minimal advertisements (only IronMind ads). For the information per issue at $20, you would never think that was too much for a book of equivalent comparison.

I can’t imagine that Randy is making a large amount of money off this at those rates – time you add up printing costs (and is MUCH higher when you have color pictures), quality of paper that he uses (it’s not the cheap magazine paper), editing and publication expenses, payments to the writers (LOL – I’m sure Thom is smiling with this comment!), and shipping expenses (which is several dollars per issue). And without the paid ads he’s not getting advertising dollars to offset expenses to give a cheap subscription rate.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.