Chad Ullom
        Participant

Looking forward to it Thom!

Joe Garcia
          Participant

Where at and what time?

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

Joe….are you thinkin’ about comin’!!!!!! I could use a good judge such as yourself. It adds credibility to what we are doing. But I’m NOT going to haul in 2000lbs of weights for you to break a record!!! haha

We will be at the NEMO Fairgrounds Multipurpose building. It is East of Kirksville on hiway 11. We will start at 5:30 and go until, well, we will go until somebody shuts the lights off on us or they pry my cold dead hands off the bar!

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Joe Garcia
              Participant

Thom,

Yea, I thought I would come up. Don’t need lots of weight, except for the Carter lift lol. I’ll bring up a record list also.

Joe

Al Myers
                Keymaster

Good luck guys – sure wish I could be there, but I can’t. My daughter is playing in the State 4A Volleyball Tournament tomorrow and I can’t miss it! She has worked really hard this season! I’m very proud of her for that. Al

Joe Garcia
                  Participant

We understand Al. If you’d rather hang with your daughter than with us, well there you go. Seriously good luck to her and the team.

Thom Van Vleck
                    Participant

Sounds good, Joe, there might be a detour on hiway 11, have to see tomorrow. I have the day off tomorrow to haul all this stuff down there so I won’t be back on line until Sat. So, if anyone needs to call about the meet my cell is 660 341 1755. Thom

PS, Al, as always, wish your daughter luck, hope you guys got something to cheer about this weekend!

Thom Van Vleck

Chad Ullom
                      Participant

Had a great time and a succesful meet! We really had a lot of fun and it went as smooth as possible.

Joe Garcia
                        Participant

Thom, I’m glad that I came up. It was lots of fun, good to see everyone and was a great thing to raise money for. A little stiff this morning, but in a good way. So I guess the Dino 200 will be soon? LOL

Thom Van Vleck
                          Participant

I will do a full write up, but we did break or set 100 records. I would also guess, but I want to get an exact write up on it…we raised over $2000 dollars. So if there is a Dino 200, they need to raise $4000 for a charity to top us!!!

I honestly thought it wouldn’t be possible, and we did pick on a lot of lifts where there was no current record, but hey, now there are marks to beat and we raised a lot of money…and I FEEL like I did it today…so SORE…but now we have an all night Church youth group lock in and I’m in charge of the bonfire, hot dog roasting and smore’s……

Special thanks to the guys that came, and to Joe, Chad…(I mean “CHAMP”), Mike Murdock for bringing the judging skills.

….and the anonymous donor who dropped 10 $100 bills towards the cause. My wife knows who it is and has refused to divulge (she really can keep a secret)….but whoever it is, we are eternally grateful. God blessed our event and I’m full of joy today…sore…but full of joy.

Thom Van Vleck

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.