Joe G

Home Forums General Discussion Joe G

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

I just got word that Joe Garcia, long time USAWA member, member of Clark’s gym, and record holder is in the ICU for Covid. Please keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers that he gets through this. It does sound like he is slowly making improvements, but has a ways to go yet.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
        Participant

Hate to hear that! Hopefully he gets over it quickly

Lance Foster
          Participant

Praying for strength and healing.

The Gloved One

RJ
            Participant

Joe just needs to stay strong like he knows how. The platform will be waiting for him. Best wishes for recovery.

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

Got this update from Bill Clark today:

Joe Garcia is now off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He’s very groggy, but on the mend.

The news continues to be great. We will dedicate tomorrow’s Zercher to his recovery. Keep doing what you do to bolster Joe’s recovery.

BILL CLARK

Al Myers
                Keymaster

That is outstanding news!

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

The last thing I heard on Joe (from Feb 3) Cindy sends word that Joe’s feeding tube is out, he’s sitting up, has been able to feed himself, and is trying to teach math to the nurses. Looks like he’s back in action. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He’s not home yet.

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

Latest update from ClarK: A bit belated in getting this to you, but a Thursday report from Cindy said that Joe had been able to walk 50 feet with a walker and did 50 seconds on an exercise bike. Great news. The first step in running a marathon is the hardest one. Same applies to recovery from covid-19.

KCSTRONGMAN
                      Keymaster

A welcome e-mail came Friday noon from Joe – straight from his room in a rehab center in Davenport, Iowa. Said he’d be there for up to 10 more days – and that he was very weak, but improving.

I’ll keep you posted as Joe keeps me posted on his recovery – as it slowly unfolds.

BILL CLARK

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.