Timo Lauttamus
      Participant

IAWA Gold Cup

Denny Habecker
        Participant

Judy and I will be there.

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Hi Timo! I will be there with my dad. Look forward to seeing you again! Al

Timo Lauttamus
            Participant

Gonna be great to see/meet you all! Hopefully i will have chance to navigate with Al 🙂 We were dream-team of the freeways 🙂

Timo Lauttamus
              Participant

Hi guys and gals, had day off and time to talk and edit, including these two first choice of lifts from Gold Cup. I know here is many persons who couldn’t make it over seas, and as Al told me many USAWA lifters are interested about grip related lifts. Thanks to Big Frank for catching videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQojMtplsvw

Tom Ryan
                Participant

Your 183 was very, very impressive, Timo, and you were obviously good for more. You have incredibly strong fingers.

Timo Lauttamus
                  Participant

[b]Quote from tpr42345@aol.com on November 15, 2014, 17:42[/b]
                    Your 183 was very, very impressive, Timo, and you were obviously good for more. You have incredibly strong fingers.

Thanks Tom, i messed up my deadlift training, i didn’t have even 200kg regular DO beltless (wanted to have 220kg) in my store. With belt i would do 210kg, i was happy to get 183kg MFDL with my poor lower back 🙂 Hopefully i wil improve it, if not, at least i will be able to set good numbers for little fingers deadlift :)l

Thom Van Vleck
                    Participant

Please tell my that’s a joke about navigating with Al. I once had a bunch of maps I’d printed out with Al and Chad on a trip. Chad says to Al, “Al, I like how Thom has all these maps, we know where we are going”. Al looked at Chad like he was crazy and said, “Chad, where’s the adventure in that”! HAHAHAHAHA

Thom Van Vleck
                      Jackson Weightlifting Club
                      Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
                      Keymaster

Well, Timo seemed more concerned than Art when I was going the wrong direction on the round a bouts haha

Timo Lauttamus
                        Participant

I just remember when Steve had told he’s going to leave hotel 7:25am, we supposed to follow him to the venue, but we’re one minute late!! as 7:26am 🙂 Al just told me and Art with all of his confidence “We’ve got navigator, we’ll get there”. So, we didn’t realize the fact it’s still possible to get lost, specially when not following navigator 🙂 Then somehow navigator was basically asking U-turn, but we didn’t care about it because Preston was getting closer without knowing the fact venue was in Accrington 🙂 Finally we pulled over to the countryside, stopped, called even Mr. Tomlin about our possible delay, and re-navigate. I would like to remember we arrived to the venue at 8:29am, we spent 1h 3min to get there (original route was 10 miles) but Art got himself to weigh-in, all good. Yes, it was an adventure 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.