Home Forums General Discussion Hip Belt

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Freides
      Participant

Hip Belt

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

The hip lift is contested at the backbreaker at Clark’s gym in Columbia Missouri every fall (as long as they sanction it). It could also be done at any record day, like Art’s
          Birthday bash or the Dino record day, etc.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Steve Freides
          Participant

Thank you.

What determines whether a record is state, national, or world? I would guess it’s the level of officials – is that something that one can know in advance?

Thanks again.

-S-

Tom Ryan
            Participant

There are no USAWA state records, Steve. For a national (USAWA) record, only one certified official is needed, whereas for a world (IAWA) record at least two are needed. The latter requirement has tripped me up a time or two on my records.

Chad Ullom
              Participant

National record can only be broken at a national meet if that lift is contested.

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

Me and Lance were talking about that very thing a week or so ago. If our “National” records are for nationals only, what are our other records considered? I assumed that our overall records were our national records, and the ones specifically for the national meet were national meet records?

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Denny Habecker
                  Participant

Our USAWA records are our national records and need only one certified official to set. The best lifts done at our National Championships are National meet records. IAWA world records require at least 2 certified official to approve the lift.

Steve Freides
                    Participant

Art’s Birthday Bash allows each lifter to choose his/her own events. Will those be National or World records?

I am, BTW, training for the Inman Mile. I have no idea if I’ll get there in 3 months or if I’ll get there at all but, God willing and the creek don’t rise, I will give it a shot as one of my 5 events at Art’s Birthday Bash.

Chad Ullom
                      Participant

See previous comments for what constitutes a national, Usawa or world record.

Denny Habecker
                        Participant

They will probably be World records as there are usually 3 officials for the lifts at Art’s Birthday Bash.

Steve Freides
                          Participant

[b]Quote from liftingliar on July 9, 2014, 18:43[/b]
                            They will probably be World records as there are usually 3 officials for the lifts at Art’s Birthday Bash.

Thanks, that’s what I was asking about.

-S-

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.