Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Lance Foster
      Participant

Who all is planning on competing?

The Gloved One

Sanjiv Gupta
        Participant

I am planning on driving out from Denver unless weather conditions pose a safety risk. Good line up of events.

Sanjiv Gupta
          Participant

Question about the Rim Lift. The USAWA Rulebook says the rim cannot be deeper than 1 inch. Is that from the top plane of the plate to the base of the rim or the overall width of the plate? All of my weights are thicker than 1 inch.

In terms of top plane of plate to base of rim:

York Milled – 0.75″
            Schisler – 1″
            Billard Olympic – 1.25″

Lance Foster
            Participant

Sounds great Sanjiv!!

The Gloved One

Ben Edwards
              Participant

I’ll be there!

Sanjiv, I’m pretty sure the Rim Lift plates do not have to be 1″ width, but it is referring to the lip or flange.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Ben Edwards
                Participant

Jason Payne plans on being there too. He confirmed it on Facebook. Not sure if he’s a forum member though. And Kevin Fulton is coming too.

Sanjiv Gupta
                  Participant

Wow, looks like it is going to be a great group. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Ben Edwards
                    Participant

Sanjiv, I enjoyed your Grip Champs write-up!

I finally sent mine to Eric a few minutes ago.

Ben Edwards
                      Participant

I’m bummed that Kevin Fulton and Mary McConnaughey both couldn’t attend the contest. Maybe next year!

Sanjiv Gupta
                        Participant

I just read your write-up. I love the first person format. I was trying to write one more as a news story.

Barry Pensyl
                          Participant

Nice to see write-ups about the meets and information about the lifters. Reminds me of the days of Strength and Health magazine with different stories about the lifters and the various contests around the country. My compliments to Sanjiv and Ben and the other members who write into the Forum and post the results of the meets. Also, to Johnny and Sanjiv for the difficult task of keeping the record list up to date. My best to all the members.

Barry Pensyl
                            Participant

Sorry Bill Clark. Didn’t mean to slight you, as you too had put out a great All-Round Journal at one time, much like the Strength and Health magazine in its day.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.