Great job Dan & Ruth!

Home Forums General Discussion Great job Dan & Ruth!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

I just want to say GREAT JOB to Dan and Ruth for being the overall best lifters in the 2nd quarter postal meet. I also want to thank everyone who participated. The participation of lifters in these postal meets are what keeps them going.

RJ
        Participant

Thank you. I train very hard. When Denny announces the lifts for the year, I make them a part of my training starting that day.

If not for Postals, I would not be able to participate in competitions.

If not for Postals, I would not do any weightlifting lifts e.g. snatches, cleans, and jerks . However pushing me outside of my comfort zone is what I like about All-Round lifting and can actually be a bit fun. But I am thankful that Denny can’t have us do Heavy Lifts. Those I would like to leave to the big guys and gals.

dwagman
          Participant

Thanks Al, for the kind words. I was really motivated by being in a real meathead gym.

I have but one correction for you; you mentioned that Ruth was my certified official. Well, so was Jarrod. Please give Jarrod credit for judging me, too.

Oh, one more thing. I suppose the turnout was so limited due to nationals that same month. Didn’t we copy the nationals’ lifts for Postals during the summer months? That might be a good idea to do again so that people can at least use the Postals to see how they’d fare at nationals. Of course a counter argument would be that this might lead people to not come to nationals. You just can’t win, I suppose….

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
            are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
            compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Al Myers
            Keymaster

I do like that suggestion, as I know lifters who are training for Nationals often find the 2nd quarter postal interfering with their Nationals focus. A couple of years ago we did have the Postal lifts being the same as the National lifts so several lifters got to enter the Postal who often don’t enter. I will mention this to Denny and see if next year we can make that work. The problem is that we like to announce all the postal meets at the beginning of the year, and sometimes we have to choose lifts before we know the National lifts.

Now onto more postals! We all have the opportunity to do the World Postal Championships in August. This is a separate postal meet from our USAWA postal series meets. I highly encourage everyone to participate. And guess what? The lifts for it are THE SAME as the first day of the World Championships! This doesn’t give anyone an excuse to not enter as you should be training for Worlds already and training these lifts!

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

Great job Dan and Ruth.

I really have no excuse for not doing the postal, other than procrastination. Waited until the last minute, then Lance was not available to officiate. I do plan on doing the world Postal, though
                ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

dwagman
                Participant

Al, my excuse for not doing the World Postal is that I don’t have the motivation to go balls out that soon after the 2nd Quarter Postal. I think I need to focus on my bodybuilding more at this point.

And ET, a beast like you shouldn’t be allowed to continually bend barbells anyway. So go ahead and procrastinate….

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
                  are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
                  compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Denny Habecker
                  Participant

Yes,the lifts for the IAWA Postal are the lifts of the first day of the Worlds, AND the lifts of the USAWA 3rd Quarter Postal are the lifts on the second day of the Worlds. And remember, you can do them at any time up to September 30.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.