GOAL SETTING

Home Forums General Discussion GOAL SETTING

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

GOAL SETTING

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Well, if there’s one thing that’s obvious….Al is WAAAAY past his prime! HAHA

I started to write a long response to this….but it was so good I decided to write a story instead for the website!!!! haha

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
          Keymaster

First of all Dave – you are EXACTLY correct in your statements of having goals in training. That’s what it’s all about – And this Burtzloff Barbell has been a goal of mine to lift ever since Bob gave it to me over 10 years ago. I must have tried it at least a half dozen times over this course of time and failed. The last “failure” was early on in June where I had it to knee height before my grip failed. This pissed me off more than any of the misses before, so this summer I have committed training “specifically” for this barbell by doing lots of fat bar deadlifts (2″, 2.5″ and 3″).

I remember when Bob gave this Challenge Barbell to me he told me that it would be a challenge for me to get it. He must have known my abilities perfectly, because it always just seemed a little “out of my reach”, until I committed training with the sole intent of lifting it.

It will forever be resting on the floor of the Dino Gym for anyone else who wants to take the challenge. To date the only lifters that have lifted it are myself, Jon Conners, Warrick Brandt, and Matt Graham. Dinoman

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

That is pretty good company to be keeping. Congrats Al
              ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.