Home Forums General Discussion Dino Gym Record Day

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Dino Gym Record Day

Ben Edwards
        Participant

Look forward to the report from the Record Day. Wish I could’ve lifted at that one too!

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Scott Tully
          Participant

was a great time, cool hearing Dennys training stories!!

ST

Al Myers
            Keymaster

Sunday night after the record day I introduced Denny to my Gin & Tonics and before long he revealed to me ALL of his training secrets which I plan to implement in my training immediately. I’m sure he doesn’t even remember what he told me, and without my “persuasive beverage” he probably would have kept these secrets from me. I consider myself like Robin Hood, but I steal secret knowledge from the rich and give to the poor….meaning myself!!! Al

murdo01
              Participant

As great as the grip day was, the record day exceeded it in many ways. The lifters spanned an age range of over 6 decades, and there were many outstanding lifts in all age groups. Part of the appeal of a record day is you go in with a somewhat preconcieved notion of what you want to try, but at the end of the day you find you’ve only done one or two of the lifts you’d planned. With 2 or 3 different lifts going on at the same time, you look over and say, “Hey, I’d like to get in on that lift over there” even if you have never ever seen it done or given it any thought. I also like the fact that there is very little “sandbagging” or leaving much in the tank on most efforts, although I will admit that I did so on a couple of lifts. At the end of the day I think most of us had pretty much ‘shot our wads’ and were ready to get somewhere to crash and relax (sleep) and hope to be able to get about the next day.

Murdo

Al Myers
                Keymaster

Mike – You had an EXCELLENT day!! I would say that is a pretty good way to celebrate your birthday. If I would have known ahead of time I would have baked you a B-Day cake. haha Al

Scott Tully
                  Participant

Mike you impressed the heck outta me both days!! Was a fun weekend, watching the young guys come in and lift sunday was alot of fun too.

ST

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.