Home Forums General Discussion Dino Challenge Auction

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Dino Challenge Auction

Travis Willingham
        Participant

Arrggghhhh – I’m still bummed that I can’t make it. I’d have gotten killed on most lifts but just the fact that it is such a unique competition makes it interesting as hell. And a cool auction as well, I’m sure it’ll be an awesome time.

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

What a great deal for a great cause!

I’m not telling anyone so I can go out and put the best bids on some of these items! haha

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
            Keymaster

Thom – I made something “special” for you. You probably know what it is already – since you gave me the idea!

It looks like we are going to have a big turnout. We will divide into two groups to speed the meet up – open in one group, masters in the other group. The order of events will be: 1. Saxon Snatch, 2. Apollons lift, 3. Cyr Press, 4. Dinnie Lift, 5. Goerner Stroll. The masters will start, and then when they are finished with the first event the open will start and the masters will move to the second event. We got to get done in time so we can all meet at LaFiesta in Abilene for a late lunch. This meet will be drug tested. I want EVERYONE to know that up front! Al

Ben Edwards
              Participant

Bad news. Found out last night that I have been mandatoried (overtime) for 8 hours that day and won’t be able to make it. I’m sorry guys and pretty bummed about it. I had made up my mind that it would be great to attend even if my numbers were going to be down a bit. Maybe I can still bid on some of the auction items – maybe through a proxy? Is that okay Al? Carrie wanted to drive down with me but she won’t now that I’m not able to go. But we want to support the great cause if possible. If the auction idea won’t work then we can just send a check directly to the charity instead if that works for Mark. Going to miss you guys. Hope everyone hits a bunch of PRs and has a great time!

P.S. Forgot to mention what items I’m interested in.

Saxon Plank
                Dinnie Lift Setup

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Thom Van Vleck
                Participant

Ben, if you want to send me your e-mail I can put in a bid for you, even take a photo with the camera and send a pic. Just let me know.

Thom Van Vleck

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

Looking forward to this one. I will be sure to bring some $$$ for the auction. Great cause.
                    ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
                    Keymaster

Ben, If you know what you want to bid just let me or Thom and we’ll put it in the box for you. But better tell me instead of Thom cause he might outbid you if he knew your bid!!! haha Al

Ben Edwards
                      Participant

Thanks Thom and Al! I trust Thom of course (nanny cam) and will just e-mail him with the details of bidding.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Thom Van Vleck
                        Participant

Ben….Ben….Ben….would I lie to you!!! HAHA

One time my Uncle and his wife went to Vegas. As is often the case, people will give you a buck to bet for them. My aunt played a silver dollar for this guy on a slot and won a couple grand!!! They got back and my Uncle gave him a grand and said that’s what they won on his buck. He was happy, my uncle was happy……see, it all works out!!!

Thom Van Vleck

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.