Dinnie Stone question

Home Forums General Discussion Dinnie Stone question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy Smith
      Participant

Does anybody know how the “pieces of metal” are attached to the Dinnie Stones?

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

I do not know, but Chad, Frank, al, and Kevin Fulton have all lifted them. Maybe one of them will chime in

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Sanjiv Gupta
          Participant

Clint made up the Buffville stones. He may have an idea. I tried to lift the replica stones in Columbus, but never thought to look at how the metal was secured.

ClintPoore
            Participant

The creator of the BUFFVILLE STONES drove a metal rod through the stones and put a bolt on the end of it. Then tested lifting the BUFFVILLE STONES. The rod has not moved to date with the stones being lifted over 20 plus times by 9 individuals so far……& more to come soon!

Chad Ullom
              Participant

I didn’t look really close, but as far as I could tell, they did similar to what Clint did. Def what looked like a bolt then the ring attached. One is direct i believe, the other has a link. Google the stones and there are pics

Randy Smith
                Participant

Thank you for the comments. My interest is partly historical; how they did it once upon a time. And partly practical; I’m considered converting some lifting stones to Dinnie replicas.

On the pictures I found of the Dinnie Stones one looks like it has an eyebolt. The other I can’t tell.

Clint, did the maker of your stones run the rod entirely through the stone? Threaded? Use any adhesive?

ClintPoore
                    Participant

Randy

Yes the bolt is threaded, I can add a nut to it if I need to, but as of now the rod has not moved in the stone. The rod runs through the entire length of the stone and I am unsure about adhesive. He told me it was a tight, very tight fit and hard to drive through the granite stone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.