Decided to hit maximal deadlift, middle fingers in my training.

Home Forums General Discussion Decided to hit maximal deadlift, middle fingers in my training.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Timo Lauttamus
      Participant

I always talked with Al about grip lifts and Al has been always more than interested 🙂 I didn’t know any other way to post it for Al and of course others can check it as well.
        What happened recently is new weightlifting / powerlifting gym behind the corner, it’s like 150 yards away from my place with full of new Eleiko plates and two excellent Eleiko barbells. I contacted with the owner 21st of April and asked about appointment at gym, he told me i’m more than welcome to test their quality weights. We checked our schedules and it was 28th of April 10-11AM when i visited. That was visit i remember and he will remember as well. It’s been my personal goal for years to hit this magical number in kilograms, it’s quite poundage as well.

Story telling video:

Chad Ullom
        Participant

Congratulations Timo! that is a very impressive feat!

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

I agree. Very impressive.

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Tom Ryan
            Participant

Yes, most impressive

Timo Lauttamus
              Participant

Thanks guys!!

Hopefully one day i can repeat this officially, everything needs to be there.. ..strength, mind, pleasant barbell etc.. ..one bonus is belt, i’ll wear it next time for sure 🙂 I wanted to hit my personal goal as raw deadlift, only lifter, chalk and barbell.

RJ
                Participant

I really liked how you ended it with the slow-mo.

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

WOW TIMO!!

That is one of the most impressive lifts I have ever seen with the fingers. Congrats on this great accomplishment, as I know you have worked hard on achieving it.

I sure hope you can make it to Kansas next fall for the IAWA Gold Cup. If you can make it you have an invite to stay at my place. I’ll even pick you up at the airport and since I’m in the US you don’t have to worry about me driving the wrong direction around round abouts (like when you were riding with me in England haha)!

Again – GREAT JOB! I would love to see you pull on my 28mm Okie DL bar which has better knurling than the Eleiko bars.

Timo Lauttamus
                    Participant

Thanks Ruth!

I wanted to see what happened in the lowering part because my index finger was sore after it and it’s still sore, i figured out after seeing that impact 🙂

Thanks Al!

We have once again african holiday from mid-july to mid august, which will be my biggest adventure so far. If everything will be okay afterwards, we’ll book tickets to US, my wife has EU passport these days.
                      I don’t know yet how’s my deadlift strength after the mountains (last year it was great) but fingers will be there 🙂 If it’s there i will try your Okie barbell for sure.
                      Anyway i’m satisfied after reaching my personal goal, years of work finally paid off, but still feeling there is things to do and after few years i’ll be senior class lifter.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.