jarrod
      Participant

DB walk

Al Myers
        Keymaster

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!!!! Good job on getting this answer. Al

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

the Inman Mile….so, does that mean the farmers walk can be a part of the USAWA Strongman contest? What if the Farmers was the same increment of weight as the inman mile. Seriously, Al, I’m curious?

Has anyone actually done the Inman mile, or does it simply become the “best distance”.

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
            Keymaster

The Inman Mile is an official USAWA event, but it is VERY different from a Farmers Walk. First of all, a loaded bar of set weight is on the back instead of weights in the hands. No records are established for the Inman Mile. Records are kept first for distance and then if accomplished, for time.

The problem with the Farmers Walk being an official USAWA lift is how do you go about setting rules for it when it can be done in so many different ways – i.e. different implements, different handles, different distances and weights, etc. That is why it is a strongman event and NOT a weightlifting event. The Farmers Walk was once proposed by the membership and turned down for these reasons. You can’t have records if you don’t have rules, and you can’t have a lift if you don’t have a rule. Al

Ben Edwards
              Participant

I thought you were also referring to the Goerner Stroll. I want to try the Dumbbell Walk soon. I’ll have to rig up a DIY handle to test some techniques out. I imagine you guys “cup” the handle (thumbless) more than grip it though, am I right?

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.