BP vs. BP-fia

Home Forums General Discussion BP vs. BP-fia

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by RJ.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      dwagman
      Participant

Howdy Y’all,

I’m wondering if any of you ever figured out how much more you can bench press compared to bench press—feet-in-the-air.

I’m curious and can’t really test this myself (though I have a rough idea). Reason being, the bench I use is too low, which means I end up with a wicked arch that hurts my lower back. After years of dealing with that I eventually decided that even though regular benching is a more effective exercise, it’s simply not worth it to me. For the last 15 years I’ve benched exclusively with feet-in-the-air.

So lemme know what you think…

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
        are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
        compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Chad Ullom
        Participant

I never really learned how to use leg drive with bench. My heaviest single is actually with my feet in the air.

Denny Habecker
          Participant

I can’t get my feet on the floor any more when I am laying on a bench, so all my benches are done FIA. But ever since I have lifted in the USAWA, I have been able to bench the same with FIA as on the floor.

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I have benched FIA exclusively for a few years now. Could always to a decent amount more dues to stability and leg drive, but the stress on my low back was no longer worth it.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

dwagman
              Participant

Wow, I didn’t expect that, you guys. I guess I’m not the only one with the same experience. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
                are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
                compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

RJ
                Participant

I’m with Chad. I never learned how to use leg drive along with that huge, back-bend type of arch that women in my weight class use.

And I’m with Denny that I just couldn’t bend like that anymore, anyway.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.