BIG MISTAKE!

Home Forums General Discussion BIG MISTAKE!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

BIG MISTAKE!

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Did anyone else notice how big Thom’s hand looks in that picture of him pressing the anvil? It looks like he has a king-sized mitt!! haha I have had enough pictures taken of me with a big fish to have learned this “photo illusion” to also make my catch look bigger!!! Just hold it out closer to the camera!! haha Al

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

First of all, thanks Dave for the compliment. I almost didn’t submit this one as I wondered if anyone would find it interesting. Funny how that works.

HAHA, I noticed that right away, too! I thought, “hey, my hands looks really big! and then I noticed how small my arm looked! HAHA. My Dad had hands like catcher’s mitts. He used to by the biggest size gloves and pull them on like they were rubber surgeons gloves. My mom has the smallest hands you’ll ever see on an adult. When they used to can things her job was to scrub out the mason jars because she could get her whole hand in there easily….Thanks, MOM, for the genes…..I get comments ALL the time about how small my hands are so “Thanks a lot for pointing that out, Al!haha”. But on the bright side it’s just a myth about big hands….you know….big hands, big feet…what did you think I meant!

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
            Keymaster

I don’t get it – you don’t have a big nose. (LOL)

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

Everything is relative, Al. EVERYTHING.

Thom Van Vleck
                Jackson Weightlifting Club
                Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Ben Edwards
                Participant

Great article Thom! Good point about the nature of having a plethora of events and its relation to injury potential.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

61pwcc
                  Participant

Great article. Through YEARS of stubborness(and fortunately very little in the way of injuries), I’ve come to realize whether it’s the first time or the thousandth time on a particular lift, if I worry about the best technique I can do today, the weight on the bar: WILL TAKE CARE OF IT SELF!!
                    Yep, it makes stupid sense, but I find it too easy to get caught up in how much weight is on the bar. Fortunately(?), I’ve never been very strong right off the bat so my inuries have been only once.

jarrod
                    Participant

you know what they say about guys with big feet, right?

they wear big shoes.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.