12/4 – 12/5 Round up Steve Schmidt Meet

Home Forums General Discussion 12/4 – 12/5 Round up Steve Schmidt Meet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Abe Smith
      Participant

We had a great turnout on Saturday. Dave Hahn is amazing lifter. 136 lbs and 84 years old and still hip lifts over 900 and harness lifts about 1100 if memory serves is just great to see. We had two younger lifters come out and lift Nick Friedes and Travis Luther. These guys are good lifters and have ability to be great lifters in the all arounds. John Carter and Steve Schmidt impress me EVERY time I see these guys. Steve impressed with his frying pan rolling. Big shout out to Dave Deforest who came back after a competing the weekend before and still did a great job. It was good to see Ole Clark in such a good mood. I was not happy with my heavy lifts. But I made up for it in the quarterly postal:
        Press dumbbell clean press: 105, snatch one hand left: 125, habecker lift: 345 (I felt woozy coming up with 345 did not try for what I wanted which was 365). At 40 years old setting records is getting easier.
        Then did my 5 record lifts with fulton bar snatch (165), fulton bar clean and press (185), fulton bar clean and push press (205), fulton bar clean and jerk (225). and reverse clean and press (195).
        Ole Clark wanted me in the gym on Sunday to knock out my other british stuff, clean and jerk behind neck with 240, reverse grip pullover and press with 235, one arm snatch with 125 this time my right hand then finished with hang clean with 205×4 reps, then did 115 lbs with 33 reps in the hang clean. Needless to say I am pretty beat up. Although we are not in cahoots with those guys they do some good lifts like the reverse grip snatch and reverse grip pullover and press that would fit well within the USAWA. Cheers!

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Sounds like a fun time. Thank you for sharing Abe.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.