OTSM Championship

Home Forums General Discussion OTSM Championship

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Hope some of you all plan on making it out for this one.
        ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Denny Habecker
        Participant

I am planning to come out. My hip recovery should be complete before then.

KCSTRONGMAN
          Keymaster

That is great. Defend your title!

Ben Edwards
            Participant

I will compete if I can get the time off. Easier said than done lately. We have huge overtime for the next 6 months.

I dusted off my USAWA 2″ vbar this afternoon. Did a little Thor’s Hammer practice with the swing style instead of the snatch style I used at your contest back in November. Seems a lot easier on the wrist. My best was only 47lbs, but I hope to take Garcia’s record in the 220lb weight class.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

Hope you can make it out.

Ben Edwards
                Participant

Just got the time off approved from work. I look forward to seeing everyone at the OTSM!

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

Great news. Look forward to having you here!
                    ET

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

I have started recieving entries. Got a few in hand. Hope some more of you are still able to make it.
                      ET

Ben Edwards
                      Participant

I printed my entry off yesterday and it is sitting on the counter waiting for Monday to go out. I’m working a ton of hours this weekend, so I won’t get it out today.

KCSTRONGMAN
                        Keymaster

Sounds great Ben. Looking forward to having you here again!
                          ET

Denny Habecker
                          Participant

My entry is in the mail.

KCSTRONGMAN
                            Keymaster

Great to hear denjamin

KCSTRONGMAN
                              Keymaster

Denny-I got an entry that I think might be yours. But there was no return address label attached. Please confirm?
                                ET

Denny Habecker
                                Participant

Eric, that is probably mine. I am running out of address labels so I didn’t put ONE on.

Lance Foster
                                  Participant

ET – I will bring my entry to you on Saturday.

The Gloved One

KCSTRONGMAN
                                    Keymaster

Sounds good, sir. Several entries in hand with a few more verbals.

Just FYI, Denny-there is no award at this meet for the most address labels put on an envelope.

Ben Edwards
                                      Participant

Eric, did you get my entry and payment yet? I am asking because two neighbors told me yesterday that they had some mail (outgoing and incoming) stolen sometime last week. If you haven’t received them, I can stop payment on the check and then just bring you a signed form and another check or cash to the meet instead.

Al Myers
                                        Keymaster

It’s great to see the excitement for the OTSM!

KCSTRONGMAN
                                          Keymaster

Got it Ben. Yeah, Al. Looks like we might get an OK turnot
                                            ET

Ben Edwards
                                            Participant

Got it Ben. Yeah, Al. Looks like we might get an OK turnot
                                              ET

Glad you got it!

Ben Edwards
                                              Participant

I’d like to see if there is anyone willing to let me follow them in my vehicle to Eric’s gym. I found it last year – thanks to Eric spending like 5 minutes on the phone with me giving me directions! – but it was almost totally luck that I found my way there. GPS was no help at all. I don’t want to be late this year.

Unless, Eric you can give me the exact GPS coordinates (strange request, yeah I know) to your place. That way, GPS might actually take me right there instead of like 10 miles away.

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                Keymaster

I can post directions. GPS is no good when coming to my place. Pueblo is the Road, but GPS does not have that on there. I would have no idea what the GPS coordinates would be.

Ben Edwards
                                                  Participant

I can post directions. GPS is no good when coming to my place. Pueblo is the Road, but GPS does not have that on there. I would have no idea what the GPS coordinates would be.

Good, thanks! I don’t know the GPS coordinates to MY house either. But you strike me as the type of guy who might actually know his house’s GPS coordinates. I mean that as a compliment.

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                    Keymaster

Competitors are:
                                                      Dean Ross
                                                      Greg Cook
                                                      Eric Todd
                                                      BEn Edwards
                                                      Denny Habecker
                                                      Scott Tully
                                                      HEather Gardner

If anyone else still has any desire to compete, let me know ASAP and I will get you in.
                                                      ET

Lance Foster
                                                      Participant

I think that there is one more competitor.

The Gloved One

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                        Keymaster

My bad…
                                                          Competitors are:
                                                          Dean Ross
                                                          Greg Cook
                                                          Eric Todd
                                                          BEn Edwards
                                                          Denny Habecker
                                                          Scott Tully
                                                          HEather Gardner
                                                          Lance Foster
                                                          If anyone else still has any desire to compete, let me know ASAP and I will get you in.
                                                          ET

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                          Keymaster

Competitors are:
                                                            Dean Ross
                                                            Greg Cook
                                                            Eric Todd
                                                            BEn Edwards
                                                            Denny Habecker
                                                            Scott Tully
                                                            HEather Gardner
                                                            Lance Foster
                                                            Abe Smith
                                                            Art Montini

Ben Edwards
                                                            Participant

I am still on for the contest. But I injured my left forearm today doing something unrelated to the OTSM training. When I checked to see how how much it affected my strength on the Saxon Snatch it was bad news. Barely held on to 60lbs an hour after feeling a pop in my extensor – last week I got 95lbs on the SS. Now it hurts to grip anything tightly. But I’m not overly concerned since I will be using my right hand on Thor’s Hammer. And the Dinnie Lift is going to hurt, but not as much as the Saxon Snatch. I do wonder if my injury has anything to do with a water depletion I’m doing. On day 3 now and it is very low carb too. So I’m super fun to be around right now, lol.

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                              Keymaster

Sorry to hear about the injury Ben. But I reckon you will still be formidable.

Directions to the meet:

From the south Take I-35 North to the LAthrop/Polo Exit (HWY 116) Take a right on 116. Take that East about 2 miles. Take a left onto 69 HWY. Take 69 North about 4 miles. Take a right on 280th. Take that east about a mile. Take first left onto Deer Creek. Take that North about a Mile. Take first right on 286th. Take that east about a mile. 3rd house on the right. Meet is in the giant tin can.

From the North Take I-35 South to the Wallace State Park Cameron Exit (69 HWY). Take a left on 69. Take it South about 4 miles. Take a left onto 292. Take first right onto deer creek. take first left onto 286th. Take that east about a mile. 3rd house on the right. Meet is in the giant tin can.

Ben Edwards
                                                                Participant

Thanks for the directions! Wrote them down and looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                                  Keymaster

Well, that was fun. Thanks and good work to everyone. GReat day to be an all-rounder!
                                                                    ET

Ben Edwards
                                                                    Participant

Well, that was fun. Thanks and good work to everyone. GReat day to be an all-rounder!
                                                                      ET

Yes, it was a ton of fun! I am in the process of writing up the contest for my blog, but I will submit it to Al for the blog here if it passes muster. I’m waiting for the contest results to be posted for some of the specifics – like the ages of competitors. I am always impressed with the age spread at the USAWA contests, and this one didn’t disappoint. Youngest competitor was? Oldest was, I’m guessing – Art.

Eric and I had an epic Thor’s Hammer showdown that he won hands down – or UP – since it was Thor’s Hammer.

KCSTRONGMAN
                                                                      Keymaster

Wasnt that something. I was only confident for about 45 would go, and anything over that was questionable. You were uncertain as well after the first lift or so, but it felt like we both got better as we went along.

Ben Edwards
                                                                        Participant

Nice write-up Eric!

• #27256
                                                                          KCSTRONGMAN
                                                                          Keymaster

Thanks Ben
                                                                            ET

• #27262
                                                                            Ben Edwards
                                                                            Participant

Well, the big write-up I did has disappeared from the computer I put it on. So I am redoing it. Blarg.

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.