by Al Myers
1. It is best to use collars in lifts where the bar may tilt. (as demonstrated by the tears in the carpet by my squat cage)
2. Always check for small plates on the bar when pulling off a 45# plate. (It only takes a 2.5# plate to break a toe)
3. Stay away from open grips when pressing. (caused me a fractured cervical vertebra when I was in my early 20s)
4. Low blood sugar and 20 rep squats don’t mix.
5. Always keep your calluses trimmed off or a big deadlift will rip them off.
6. Keep a puke bucket within reach of the squat cage.
7. Don’t rehydrate after weigh-ins with apple juice.
8. Don’t wipe the sweat off your face when you still have rubbing liniment on your hands.
9. Always unload the bar EVENLY!
10. It is best to skip a squat workout if you have been battling intestinal flu!